Sunday, July 5, 2009

Kevin's Health Ordeal

What a life is it we got? This is the first thing came out on my mouth and a sigh. Having a husband being detained for an accusation that shouldn't be, arrested illegally and have lost everything in a month; now facing a another chapter...Kevin's health. I said to my self I can fight until I get justice for what happened to my family, I kept myself strong, focused and organised so I can do the best I can to help my husband, my staff and my children. Everyday I struggled in getting money to continue the fight but I said to myself, I can make it. I know I can get things done for my love to Kevin.

Last 3rd of July was a happy time for me and Kevin as it was almost 48 days we haven't seen each other, aside that he was atlast allowed to see a doctor. I woke up early and prepared myself to see him in a government hospital near our place where he was allowed by the court to get his check up. As I entered the emergency room I was in tears as I saw Kevin again. I embraced him so tight that I wish he can come back home with me. It was my first time also to see him crying... That was very emotional moment in both our lives. But I must not cry as I need to be strong. I saw him wearing his orange shirt and handcuffed, its very painful seeing your husband in that situation especially I know he shouldnt be like that. I try to focused on the reason why I am there..his check up and I was told that the BJMP and Kevin must be back before 3PM. I was told to speak to a doctor and serves as an interpreter for Kevin. He was asked to have various laboratories. My life fell down after the doctor read his diagnosis on Kevin's. He said that Kevin have Tuberculosis. I can't believed what I heard as I know before all this happened he is a very healthy man. I do not know why all these are happening to us as we are not bad people. We have worked so hard and lived honestly, never we even thought of decieving anyone. All we knew is we wanted to help Filipino's.
I was intears at that time as I need to think about his health. I knew that I must do something to help Kevin, but how can I when I do not know anymore how to get money. I cannot tell the man I love so much that even us at home had been suffering financially. Everyday that I wake up I have to think where to get money for my childrens' food, his food, and even do not know where to get cash now for his treatment. But I must not tell Kevin all this...I have to carry everything in my heart and just tell him not to worry. After his check up he was taken back to the city jail. I waited till they left and I was left there standing infront of the hospital. I do not know if I will leave and go back home or just wait til somebody helps me. I didnt even noticed the tears in my eyes until an old woman said to me...just pray. Now, I have more things to think about... where to get funds. How can I feed six young children and help for a treatment of Kevin.

No comments: